The Education Opportunity Fund can provide potential partners – schools, CMOs and independent boards – with rent models and fund structures that provide richer detail into the strength of this approach.
- Site selection and acquisition
- Pre-development and due diligence
- Local and state government approvals / entitlement
- Construction cost analysis
- Assistance with facility financing
- Occupancy and purchase option
- Financing the facility and tenant finishes
An introductory look at services for schools:
We will bring our expertise to your team assisting with defining site criteria, selecting appropriate facilities, reviewing financial pro formas, and assessing feasibility of alternatives to allow you to maximize the benefits of your facilities’ dollars while investing as much as possible in the classroom.
An introductory look at the Fund structure includes:
Members contribute cash in exchange for Units representing a membership interest in the Fund. The Fund uses cash from Members to purchase properties (each owned through a separate limited liability company (“LLC”)). Schools enter into long-term leases with the LLC’s with an option to purchase. Each school pays rent to the Fund from their Per Pupil Revenue (“PPR”) provided from the State and Federal government. The Fund monitors the financial and academic performance of each school through the term of its lease.
Members can contribute the profits they receive from the Fund to the 501(c)3 for training, scholarships, etc. Subject to the discretion of the Fund's manager, 25% of profits plus principal reinvested in Education Opportunity Fund to grow impact over time.
Expected Fund Performance: Please contact us by CLICKING HERE to learn more.
The Education Empowerment Fund
The Education Empowerment Fund is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity funded through direct donor contributions. Through a Board of Directors, the Empowerment Fund provides grants to:
- Scholarships: K-12, vocational and college (teaching degrees)
- Innovation Awards: teacher and school bonuses
- Teacher Development and Administration Training/Development
- Entrepreneurial business development scholarships
- Support for CMOs (Charter Management Organizations)
- Building Excellent Schools, Teach for America, and other organizations